July 28, 2009

A Painting

So I figured I would just go ahead and post this here, even though its mostly a travel experience blog and I finished it about two weeks ago. Anyway, I made this painting of a bird flying into the sky on a piece of real heavyweight paper that manages to resist warping pretty well.
As seen from the pencil drawing, it's just a combination of squares for the clouds, triangles for the bird, and rectangles for the sky. I've been going through a phase where I like to do a mosaic style of tiny triangles. Not really sure why.

I think the coloring really pulls this piece together from the bare pencil sketch. This painting is somewhat inspired by the fact that I live (at least in the same time zone) as the land of the rising sun.

It's my first painting in Korea. Like it? Hate it? Want to buy it?

3 comments:

  1. This is definitely very "rising-sun-esque." I immediately saw the image of a familiar flag as soon as I saw the coloring of the rays of this painting. Nicely done, Brad...keep sharing those!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice painting. I DO live in the land of the rising sun.

    ReplyDelete