July 07, 2009

Brad's (Barely) Korean Recipes

This is a post in a new series called Brad's (Barely) Korean Recipes. I thought it would be fun to show off some of my cooking and show everybody what I make at home. I don't cook often, so this may be a short series.

Today, the recipe is for Peanut Butter and Banana Pancakes. This dish is my favorite breakfast I make myself, and can actually be made for roughly $1.5. The ingredients are shown below:
One package Samlip Peanut pancakes (three come in a package)
One mini banana (I like to call them minanas) per pancake made
One tablespoon creamy peanut butter per pancake
The pancakes are placed in a toaster oven and cooked for three to four minutes. I like to eat them when they are hot and just a little bit crispy. The minanas are cut into thin slices, this can be done before hand or they can be cut and placed directly onto the cakes.

Once the pancakes are hot, they are removed and the peanut butter is added. Then, place the minana slices on top of the peanut butter, and enjoy with coffee or milk. I am generally satisfied with two pancakes, but if I have a big day ahead I will eat three.
Well, that is how you make the peanut butter minana pancakes, I realize that these pancakes may be hard to find outside of Korea (not sure about that). I guess you will have to come and visit so I can make them for you.

6 comments:

  1. Do the pancakes have something inside? It looks like it on the package. What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you are using Pam's smooth peanut butter. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all so very interesting! Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you are having a great experience. :)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good. Did you try the octopus or whatever was in that bucket? By the way... Is your apartment air conditioned or do you need to use some other contraption to keep yourself cool at night?

    ReplyDelete
  5. so....didn't try the octopus, but I might later. my apartment is not airconditioned but i run a fan and its not too bad. it will get a little hotter here through august.

    ReplyDelete