July 11, 2009

Mascot Crazy!

Walking around Korea, by far one of the most interesting aspects is the amount of weird signage and strangely decorated buildings. It seems that most restaurants and bars desire to create a friendly image, many times by creating a mascot. I'm not exactly sure why you would want to meet and be friends with the food item you are about to eat, but I'm new here. One of my favorite games is to come up with what each of these mascots might be saying. Here are a few:
"I have studied hard so you can enjoy my large, delicious brain!"

"I could not possibly make less sense!"

"Go ahead, try me."

"I am skillet cow. My meat is very expensive, so how about I make you something else!"

"I am Korean Tom Hanks!"

"I'll call my friends and we'll get them in the skillet!"

(I have no idea)

3 comments:

  1. I'm guessing the second sign is for a karaoke bar. Is karaoke popular there? Have you tried that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. these made me smile--mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, karaoke is popular but I haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete