August 31, 2009

My Ol' Dumpster Divin' Ways

Ever since my time I lived in Madison, I have had an obsession with second hand furniture. Every moving day was a few days of torture, but the silver lining every time was the shear magnitude of furniture thrown to the curb. Some of this was garbage, sure, but there was a good amount of only slightly used pieces that just wouldn't fit in the owner's new apartment. This is when it became mine. By the end of my time in Madison, which was about six years, nearly every piece of furniture in my apartment was at least second hand. Now, a lot of this was still in really good shape, although it makes me look like a bit of a hobo. Also, much of it was taken for a girl I sublet from and all of that stuff was top quality.

This leads me to now. I found these two couches, a chair, and a bunch of cabinets outside of a restaurant. I regret that I didn't have room for the couches, but I did make off with this nice end chair which fits on the end of a couch. I put it next to my bed for watching movies, etc. Behold the genuine imitation leather:
I think, also, a lot of people enjoyed watching the crazy foreigner carry a chair on top of his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment