August 18, 2009

Ouch.

So my town has a batting cage, conveniently located directly behind my school. Craving some baseball action, this Sunday I went for the first time. I only swung at about 100 balls, but I got this ridiculous blister on my hand. I was wearing the gloves that they provided, but they were these strange gardening gloves.

The batting cage is nice, thought there are three right handed cages and only one that caters to both righties and lefties. It's a super good deal to bat there because it's only 500 won for 20 balls (about 40 cents), so I did about five rounds.

The batting cage

my hand day 1

my hand day 2

So today (Monday) my rib cage was super sore and it hurts to twist in some directions. My hand still hurts a lot if I stretch it. We'll see if I go again this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I bet that the reason batting cages are more expensive in the U.S. is so that people don't play until they get hurt. haha

    kho

    ReplyDelete