August 06, 2009

Quite a Score!

I'm not exactly sure what it was. The fact that I have a paying job again. The fact that I was in a foreign land where everything was so cheap. Maybe it was that I live in a place where I can't find any shirts that fit me. Regardless, my trip to Thailand felt like a giant shopping spree. I thought I would just get to telling all about the souvenirs I'm bringing home.

These movies I got at the "mall" of Bangkok called MBK. It has about 5 floors of shops, movie theaters, singing rooms, and a giant food court. They really had everything there. At only 100 baht (3 USD) these movies were a good price.


These polos were also from MBK and very cheap. I believe I payed 480 baht for both of them.


A nice painting I bought from a street artist near Khaosan road. I think I paid 800 baht.


T shirts from MBK. 100 baht apiece!


Some elephants from the street and some wine holders from MBK. Don't want to mention the prices b/c some of these may be gifts.


The two colored shirts were bought off a street vendor and the t-shirt at MBK. Again won't mention prices.


Some shades and a watch from street vendor. Sunglasses together went for 300 baht and watch for 200 baht. I really love the watch because it has both an analog and digital timepiece on it.


Last, my favorite shirt. I overpaid a little to get this one from a street vendor (220 baht). He claimed that it's real high quality fabric and will never shrink. We'll see.

Current conversion rate: 34 baht = 1 USD

2 comments:

  1. Did you have to buy a suitcase to get it all home? I love the "giraffe's against ceiling fans" shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this nice shoulder bag with elephants on it. it was full.

    ReplyDelete