August 23, 2009

What a Week

Well, I just finished up a pretty crazy week. Our school had parent teacher conferences for all of the Kindergarten students this saturday.

It started for me on Tuesday morning when the owner of the school walked into my room and said "are you ready for the video?" I said, "what?" It turns out they had expected me to know that they wanted to shoot a video of the kids for the conference and had expected me to rehearse some lines with them. All I had heard was when the other foreign teacher, Chae, told me that they were shooting a video with her kids the week before.

I really had no idea what they wanted me to do until they showed me the video from the year before on Wednesday morning. By that time I only had Thursday to come up with what I wanted them to say and rehearse with them. I think it ended up OK, but there was a lot of pressure on the kids to memorize the lines and film in an hour and a half. One girl cried every time we tried to film her, but she finally was able to comply on Friday morning.

The conferences went well, but I wasn't too happy to give up my Saturday morning/early afternoon which actually ended up forcing me to sacrifice my Friday night for the sake of not being too hung over the next day.

Anyway, here's some pictures. On our last pool day I tried to take a bunch of candid photos of the kids, and I've been looking for a good time to put them up. I'm too lazy to bother with captions for them, though, but enjoy anyway.









1 comment:

  1. The last picture is easily the best one

    -yo lil sis

    ReplyDelete