June 08, 2010

Happy 100th Post!

Hello, and welcome to the 'Brad's Korean Adventures 100th Post Extravaganza'! This is just something I put together to celebrate the fact that I have made 100 posts, which is really a ton of time sunk into this site. Lately has been a little slow because I wanted to make this 100th post thing, but I do have a bunch of posts I need to get out. It's like a garden hose when you pinch it and then it gets that giant bubble. Anyway, this post is unpinching so expect that mass evacuation of posts soon!

For this post I thought I would just look back at some of my favorite events I had posted about since I started. It's been almost a year now. A year filled with a lot of highs, a few lows, and a lot of craziness. Mostly craziness, actually. Without further ado, I present my top 5 favorite posts from the past year:


This day of the pillow fight was easily one of the best days I've had in Korea. I was able to wail on an assortment of Expat English teachers with a pillow, and it was the introduction of my friend Megan, who is sure to appear many more times. I also appeared in a few youtube videos.

I wrote this post pretty soon after arriving in Korea, and one of my favorite new things was finding people passed out in a park with a 2 liter bottle of soju next to them. It's classic.

Actually, it turns out there's and entire blog devoted to this.

This post was easily a favorite, when I found a message left to me by a student on the tip of a pencil. 'Brad Teacher Very Bad'. I think that the grammar used in this message helps to support it. I'm about 99% sure who did this.

Being a kindergarten teacher in Korea will leave one with an abundance of pictures of adorable little kids. This was one of my favorties because they had to dress up in these traditional Korean costumes.

OK, I think this one is my favorite post just because eating live octopus is absolutely surreal. I command everyone who comes to Korea to try this!

I think it goes without saying that one of my favorite things about Korea is the amount of crazy mascots that are willing to sing, cook their friends, and sometimes cook themselves while singing just to lure customers into the restaurant. I've gone ahead and counted down my 5 favorite of those, too.

"I've studied hard so you can enjoy my large, delicous brain!"

"I am Korean Tom Hanks!"

"I'm drinking my own pee!"

"Oh, you know you cannot resist my sweet meat song! *wink*"
(Thanks Dave for the winning caption)

"I am two star general of sausage and pipe tobacco!"


Well, the items in the countdown have been my favorite items I've posted, but I'd like to hear what you, my readers, think. If anyone has favorite posts that I've left out, favorite mascots I forgot, or some additional mascot captions for these that you want to share, I would be delighted to read them in the comments section.

Thanks for reading and see you in the next 100 posts!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Those are all great. Another I like a lot is the stuffed dog by the dumpster....."won't anyone love me?".
    Keep up the blogging. Just waiting for the next 100.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one where the mom gave you candy for her terrible son. I also like the picture of you when the fish are eating your feet.
    -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've really enjoyed all of the artwork you've shared...yours, the kids' and others'!

    ReplyDelete