February 15, 2010

I've "Made It"

This is kind of a weird post. In my classroom I have a bag of loaner pencils, and while sharpening a few of them I found this work of graffiti art:
One of my students had taken the time to write the words "Brad teacher very bad" on the conical sharpened section of a pencil. In a way I find this really flattering that a student would take the time to do this. I have this problem, that has been addressed by my boss, that I'm not strict enough. In light of that I consider this pencil a victory.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, I'm not so sure about this Brad. I think the student meant to say "Brad Teacher, Very Bad Ass," but there wasn't enough room on the tiny tip of his pencil to fit it all in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think it says "Teacher very bad, brad" and you just started reading in the wrong place on the pencil.

    It's actually a cry for help from a kid that's having problems with another teacher and wants to know what to do but doesn't want the "very bad" teacher to see them seeking help.

    ReplyDelete