May 30, 2010

The Fish Ate My Feet

Warning, this post contains several explicit photos of my, and others feet. If you have a disliking or repulsion to feet, I recommend skipping this post.

Anyway, this post is about last Sunday, the last day of the Buddha's Birthday 3 day weekend, which was awesome. On Sunday I made the trip to Seoul to meet with Megan and her sister, Becky, to do something called Dr. Fish. There aren't really any doctors involved, but there are definitely fish. You basically put your feet in a fish tank for 15 minutes to allow a bunch of little fish to eat the dead skin off of your feet. The same fish that have eaten dead skin from countless other's feet. But it's best to not think about that.

So this thing was actually really cheap, it only cost 2000 won for the 15 minutes, although you have to buy a coffee or tea along with that. The first thing that happens is shoe and sock removal, and then a girl washes your feet in a sink. Who would want to have her job? Anybody?

Here is what the fish tank looks like:

So we started the clock and dunked our feet. One of the best parts of the experience is just seeing peoples faces and reactions to the fish. Here's Megan, surprisingly restrained:

Becky was a little bit more uneasy about it:

And me:

Let's just say that it really tickles and is super off-putting at first. It took me about 8 minutes to get used to it, but then the last 7 minutes I was able to sit back and enjoy the experience. Now here's some pictures of my feet:

The fish found a nice spot on the inside of my right ankle:

Why not, one more picture of my feet:
Afterward, my feet did actually feel really good and I was happy that I did it. Who knows, maybe I'll go back.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard about that before and I totally want to try it! Sorry I missed you on skype yesterday, I was at a wedding reception.
    -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about that and it sounds awesome. I just found out there is a place near Tokyo that does it. I really want to go.

    ReplyDelete