April 03, 2011

Yet Another Costume Party

Last night the foreigners of Seosan found another reason to get dressed up in ridiculous costumes, this time for a birthday party. It was John's birthday, a guy who I've known for over a year and a half now. He picked a superhero themed dress-up which led to some great costumes.

I don't care a lot for superheroes, so I picked a real life hero named Jake who used to sing in my band until he left about two weeks ago. I think our faces are shaped pretty similarly, so my biggest task was to grow some facial hair and turn it red somehow, as well as getting a seahawks hat and some glasses. I spent about a week and a half not shaving to grow some pretty thick chin warmer, and then shaved it into this:


This is a picture of Jake:

And me...I did an OK job, but the beard is maybe a little too red. I painted the seahawks hat with some acrylic paint and wore a shirt that used to be Jakes.

I'll get to some of the other costumes anyway. Kelsey, Farinaz and Rachel dressed up as the power puff girls, three cartoon-girl-superheroes.

Here is John, dressed as Lex Luthor:

This is Joe, who always looks handsome in a photograph no matter what he wears or does. He is dressed as a costume Dwight from 'The Office' wore in an episode:

This is Larry dressed as Ryu from the street fighter video games:

This is Jacques as Hunter S Thompson from 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' and two girls whose names I don't know and custumes I don't recognize:

And Kinsey as Quail Man from the TV show 'Doug':
Actually the best costume of the night was a guy named Josh who went as Doctor Doom from the Fantastic Four. I unfortunately don't have a photo of it. Oops.

I wasn't going to let all of my facial hair go to waste, so I shaved a sweet trucker 'stache:

2 comments:

  1. The red beard really made me laugh! You did a good job with your Super Jake costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trucker stache = #winning

    ReplyDelete