April 21, 2011

I Got PAID

I thought this would be exciting news for my readers, that I got paid for something other than teaching. Well, it's not a lot of money, but I got paid a comission for a painting of some dogs for my friend Jackie. I'll just get on with the painting:

I just had to paint her three little dogs. The only catch for me is that they are so ugly...but in kind of a cute way I guess. Oh well, I only had to stare at this picture for about 10 hours:

One noteable change is that I did not paint the penis of the dog on the left. I thought that was the classy thing to do. I also changed the background to a more soothing blue color, because I really hated the yellow. I think it turned out well, and Jackie says that her mom may comission me to do a large family portrait for them. We'll see how that goes...

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Looks great and good call on not painting the weenis! Hahaha!! Keep up the good work! :)

    Cousin Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Brad. You're amazing! The painting is, too! ;-D)

    Did you know when Jess has her big baby girl this Friday, I'll have 6 grandkids under 3? So I am amazing, too.

    Love,
    your Auntie Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! I agree with Em's comments. I would choose something else for the subject matter though if I commissioned you to paint something. hmmmmm Great idea!!

    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete