April 24, 2011

Iron Kimchi, Finally!

It's a great day for this blog, as I am finally able to add some concert footage of the last Iron Kimchi show featuring our original singer, Jake. You may remember him from previous posts about the band, as well as the time that I dressed up as him.

Our concert went really well, I think our band ended up playing about 20 songs in total. The instructions from the management was that we could play as long as we wanted, but we couldn't take a break. So that's what we did.

This first video is of us playing an A-Ha song, 'Take on Me'. It's one of my favorite songs, and Jake sings it well:
Near the end of our planned set was that song 'Maps' by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. We didn't have a drummer, so Lucas played percussion by just beating on his guitar. The guy who was taking video just left the video on me, which I hate, but here it is anyway:
So after the set we played a bunch of songs that we wrote out the guitar chords and printed out the words for. There was at least one John Denver song in there. We played a Gwen Stefani song 'Holla Back Girl' which I sang. From what I remember it was good.

Here is the best photo I have of the second lineup of Iron Kimchi, together for the last night:
Lucas, Jake, Me. Iron Kimchi.

After that we went to noraebang, and we forced Jake to sing about another 20 songs over maybe a 4 hour period. He said he could barely talk the next day, so I consider that a victory.

What's to come of Iron Kimchi now, you ask? Well, for the remaining two months that I am here we plan to play with a reformed lineup. We now have a drummer, Joe, who has been appearing in the blog. We also have a new singer. She's pretty good. Also I got a bass and Lucas still plays guitar. We should have some new gigs coming in the next few months, so keep an eye out for that. Oh, our new singer is Kelsey, so that's pretty cool, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment