November 29, 2009

Some Paintings

So I guess it's once again been about a week since any postings were put up here. Oops. I'm working on getting a few up before November is over. For now I have a few more paintings to post.

This first one I wanted to make look like a tunnel with a light at the end of it. I think it turned out pretty well. Here is "Tunnel Light":

One of my interests lately has been in fractals, which is a geometric shape that can be split into parts that are similar on different size scales. That's not the best explanation, but check out the wikipedia link if you are interested.

Anyway this is a painting I made with a hexagonal shape I like a lot, and then in the center of the hexagonal shapes is a repeat of what is around it. I think this one turned out OK, I'm not super happy with the colors I chose. It's just an experiment on paper, so no big deal.

"Fractal One":

And, a zoomed in view:
One more zoomed in view:

No comments:

Post a Comment