November 17, 2009

Mascots: Daejeon Edition

So my recent trip to Daejeon yielded some pretty good mascots, and by good I mean super crazy. These mascots are so good that I had a lot of trouble coming up with what they should say. Therefore, if any reader thinks they have a better line for a mascot, please post in the comments. Anyway, please enjoy Mascots: Daejeon Edition.

"I spit on your food to cook it!"


"My wife makes just the tastiest little babies"


"(singing) Oh, I lost my old job, at the WB, and now I am here where nobody seeeeeees"


"You know you can trust a bird with a human head"


"I can't believe I have to share the side of a tiny van with this guy!"


"I am your lord and savior, Jejas Ka Ree Soo Too"

4 comments:

  1. why does the guy on the side of the van have a pencil sticking out of his head?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Letters on the red van are Japanese. The octupus and a kid might be mascots of the Japanese franchise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Jeja' means a disciple in Korean (and your students will be your 'Jeja(deul)'). '-deul' works like a suffix '-s' and makes a word plural. The name of church is 'Jejadeul' church, but they used '-s' for their URL and made it www.jejas.or.kr. It's still interesting that they mixed Korean word and English suffix, but it was not meant to be 'Jejus'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info, HyunJoon. It's funnier to think that they would spell Jesus as Jejas, but it's best to not be ignorant.

    ReplyDelete