September 17, 2009

Is This Necessary?

This is one of those only in Korea type things. Well, this restaurant is also in Japan, Vietnam, and a few other places, so maybe there too. Anyway, in Korea we have what is called the "Korean McDonald's," which is Lotteria:

3106296649_cc316cdd52.jpg


This place is run by a company called Lotte, which provides Korea with everything from candy, vitamins, giant department stores, and well, everything. Their Lotteria fast food chain offers a variety of American-like fast food sandwiches with just a little Korean twist on them. Many of their sandwiches are bulgogi, which can be either beef or pork, I think, and has a flavor similar to teriyaki. I don't especially like it.

Anyway, since Lotte and Lotteria already bring us everything, they decided to expand the definition of everything. Behold, marking the historic 30th anniversary of Lotteria in Korea, the bulgogi/shrimp burger. That's right, a bulgogi burger and a deep fried shrimp patty, some chopped lettuce, and some sauce, all under one roof. It's the original odd couple.

I had to try this ridiculousness for myself, so I forked over the 3,200 Won and they managed to bring me one about 12 minutes later. This was not a worthwhile wait for something I didn't especially want. I think they were close to closing or something but 12 minutes is pretty inexcusable.

Anyway, I don't really like bulgogi, so you can guess how that went. I did think the shrimp was good so I enjoyed that part a lot. And, in case you were wondering, it is possible to take a bite of both at the same time. I managed to do it myself.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm sounds delicious, not. But I might try it anyway when I come.

    ReplyDelete