January 11, 2011

...And the Blogging Continues

Welcome back to my blog. Sorry about this long hiatus, but I took December off and then had a visit from my family last week. These things did give me loads of new material to blog about, so continue reading because I expect about 10 new posts this month.

My first post is about the most recent Iron Kimchi show, which took place on December 15th, and featured the new lineup. Our new lineup basically just replaced Adrian from South Africa with Lucas from Michigan, who is an excellent guitar player. Here's some photos of the band:

Lucas on guitar

Jake on vocals

Me on guitar (not pictured)

Our show was a split show with another band, a Korean band that played a mix of originals and Korean songs, and one American song. I'm not sure what they are called but it was something like Hyundai Power Tech, because they work there.

Iron Kimchi 2.0

Iron Kimchi's set went really well. We used an electric guitar for the first time at a show, which we borrowed from a friend named Larry. My favorite songs that we played were Violent Femmes 'Blister in the Sun', When in Rome 'The Promise', and The Pixies 'Where is my mind'. I have video from all three of these songs but they are too big to post on this site. I made a prop for when we played the Foo Fighter's song 'Big Me'. I threw out a pack of mentos painted to say Kimchitos, which is a joke that at least two people in the audience got.


After our show we had some fun watching the Korean band play. Our favorite was the Green Day song they played 'Basket Case'. I don't have any pictures of them, unfortunately, because my camera was out of memory.

So anyway, thanks for reading and definitely keep reading this month because there will be a ton of new stuff about Vietnam and my family coming to Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment