November 28, 2010

I'm (Slightly) Famous

While shopping at my neighborhood convenience store last week, the clerk informed me that he is a newspaper columnist. He asked me if I would be interested in doing an interview and taking a few pictures with my students. I said OK, of course, so the man visited my school during lunch last thursday and conducted the interview.

I have a link to the online version of the article here, just click on the paper with a picture of a boat on the cover and go to page 24. It's also available in print, so if you are currently in Seosan just go to a paper box and pick up a free copy of 'Go Cha Ro Plus'.

He asked me maybe 7 or 8 questions, and he seemed interested in whether I would be willing to marry a Korean woman, have kids, and raise them here. I told them I am open the that possibility but I wouldn't want to raise a kid here. The school system is a little too ridiculous. He also knew I was a musician, so I told him about our band Iron Kimchee and how we have a show in a few weeks.

One thing I maybe shouldn't have said was when he asked me what is different about Korea and USA. I was on the spot and couldn't think of many things, and I told him that it's dirtier here. It got printed. Oops, sorry Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment