January 22, 2011

A Few Shots from the Train

Riding the trains in Vietnam was a great experience. I really like the train as a form of travel across countries, or across continents as I hope to do some day. I discussed train travel with a French man and he much prefers it to traveling by plane because it imparts the feeling of traveling a great distance. While riding the train you get to see everything pass by out the window, and it gives you more time to think about what your next destination will be like.

Kelsey and I met some more cool people on the trip from Danang to Hanoi. An old man who was our cabin mate intently watched Kelsey while she was writing in a journal. She knew he was watching so she started drawing pictures to clue him into what she was writing about. When she pulled out tape to attach some tickets stubs to her book, he immediately went to his bag and got scissors to help her cut the tape. During her process of attaching the stubs, he sat there and watched and sliced the tape anytime she needed it.

We also met a French couple were actors in Paris, the man who I mentioned above. I had a nice talk with the girl, Roxanne. I mentioned about how in Korea people are always running into me and not looking where they were going. She went on a rant about how angry she gets and yells at people when they bump into her in Paris and don't say they are sorry. She translated what she normally says to people into English, and then I had her say it to me in French. It was very entertaining.

This ride started during the day, so I was able to capture some photos out the train window. It's a really nice ride through Vietnam because of the great jungle, mountain, and seaside landscapes. Here is a beach:

I stuck my camera out the side of the train and snapped this one:

And the sun set:

No comments:

Post a Comment