March 24, 2010

Some Painted Things

Ooooh, another painting post. Let's see what it is. First is this painting I did based on a drop of water causing ripples in a surface of water. I of course jazzed it up by discretizing the surface into a bunch of square type shapes. I think it turned out well:


Here is the image I based the painting on:

So next is what I'm really excited about. I picked up lanterns the last time I was in Insadong, and have since painted one. It's really great because I feel like I'm painting in three dimensions. My first painted lantern is sort of a two sided sunset with trees. Theres suns at both ends and trees are coming from both ends.

Here's how the trees interact:

It is a lantern, so this is what it might look like with an internal light:

I have another lantern almost finished that I'll post about soon.

2 comments: