February 21, 2010

Paintings, and a Hiatus Explanation

Hi everyone. First, as I have done often (at least a few times) on this blog, I am posting a few of my recent paintings. This first one I did a few months ago. It's with my recent obsession of fractals and trying to incorporate them into paintings. I took a black and white image from a book on fractals (Mandelbrodt: "The Fractal Geometry of Nature" if you are interested) and traced it onto paper, added some color and a sun and stuff.

Fractal II:

This one is similar to some paintings I have done in the past, but with the inclusion of five different vanishing points. can you find them all?

Wormhole:

As hinted at in the title of this post, I'm going to consider February as somewhat of a hiatus. I know that readers of this blog are disappointed with the amount of posting lately, but I just need a little break. I have ideas for posts coming up so I plan to resume regular updates in March. Check back then for more travel adventures, paintings, and school children debauchery!

No comments:

Post a Comment