February 07, 2010

My Japanese Stuff

This is finally the last post about the recent trip to Japan with my family. I ended up spending the majority of my money that I brought on a bunch of Japanese junk that I kept for myself instead of giving away as presents or whatever. I'm going to run through the pictures that I have, but prices are not included because they are ridiculous.

On of the first days we visited the Matsuya Ginza department store and they had a shop with a whole bunch of prints and pictures. This is a print I picked up for pretty cheap:

A sweatshirt I picked up in Harajuku which is quickly becoming one of my favorites ever. BTW, the Japanese characters mean pretty rabbit:

I bought this small Buddha picture on New Year's day at the temple:

While at the Edo-Tokyo Museum, I picked up these postcards which are copies of famous Ukiyo-e prints. The ones with Mt. Fuji and the one with the tidal wave are from Hokusai in his 36 views of Mt. Fuji series:

I picked up a set of blow up paper spheres which are really cool but don't serve a lot of purpose. This one is of an octopus:

I bought a pair of sumo slippers on my last day. I saw a picture that said they are supposed to be worn at a small size so your foot hangs over the back, but these are really small. Someone may end up with them for a souvenier.

Another last day purchase of a strange ladder toy. This cylindrical block with a groove in the opposite sides is placed on the top rung and falls down each step. It's really cool.

By far my most important purchase in Japan, I picked up a stock of coffee flavored KitKats. These things are amazing. Nestle NEEDS to start making these everywhere. I picked up a bunch but I ate them pretty fast.

Well, this is definitely my last post about Japan. I did manage to milk about 11 blog posts out of it which came in hand due to the fact that I'm running out of new things to talk about. I do have a few more posts I plan to put up soon, so you know, check back soon.

1 comment:

  1. That is one awesome thing about Japan, the variety of KitKat flavors. And they are always changing. Depending on what part of Japan you are in the flavors will be different. I've not seen the coffee flavored ones. They look good.

    ReplyDelete