November 17, 2011

UK Trip: Peterborough

It's finally here. The beginning of my series of posts about my trip to the UK that happened in August of 2011. If I properly blogged that entire trip, it would take about 25 posts or so. Instead of doing that, I'm just going to post my favorite pictures from each city that I visited. That will be much easier.

With that, I'm going to get it all started with Peterborough, England. The city is actually pronounced more like 'Petahbrah' to the locals. It was our home city, in a way. Summer and I stayed there for a while with Roger, a friend we met in Korea. He was nice enough to let us stay with him in England, and he also drove us around the country. It was really nice of him.

We stayed at his house with him and his mother. When we were there, the neighbor kids almost constantly were knocking on the back door to come and say hi and see what we were up to.

This is Summer enjoying a juice box while walking around the city.

Just a random building in Peterborough.

This was a pretty great Chinese restaurant that we ate at run by a man from Hong Kong.

Summer always did the ordering when we went to Chinese restaurants. She would usually order about 5 dishes, including appetizers, soups, and main courses. It always ended up being way too much food.

Peterborough has a pretty impressive cathedral. I don't remember why Summer is laughing here, but it made for a nice picture.

One day we went for a walk along these train tracks of an old timey train.

Here is a boat with a pub in the bottom of it and a Chinese restaurant on the main floor.

I'm not even sure why, but I like this picture of the sky on the day we went to Roger's son's wedding.

Here is a picture of Isobel, you may remember this picture from when I posted it as a painting.

A lot of confetti was strewn about while we had drinks and socialized in the yard outside of the wedding hall.

Roger, dressed in his salsa dancing outfit before he performed during the reception.

Summer, dressed in her salsa dancing outfit before she performed.

A picture of our pint glasses at the Peterborough Beer Festival. It was a nice time, and over 300 'Real' ales were available for drinking.

This the immense wine aisle at a Tesco. Tescos are all over the UK. The larger ones, like here are a bit like Walmart on crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment