January 19, 2012

The Korea Files: FREEDOM

So I know it has been really slow with posts on here! I have a few things to post about, but lately I have been very short on free time. I blame most of it on the fact that I have been locked in a school for 9 hours a day.

That is until today. Earlier this week I informed my boss that I found a new job, and that February 17th would be my last day. She wasn't completely with that plan, and she told me she would release me from the contract when a new teacher arrives. I think that she was informed she wouldn't get a new teacher soon enough, and she informed me today that it is my last day at the school. I would pay back the plane ticket with whats due on my current salary, pay my bills, and move out by tomorrow. So I said sweet, this is the best news I have heard in a long time.

I am finally moving to greener pastures. At least they appear to be greener pastures, because you can never know for sure. But my old job was 45 hours a week being paid for 30, piles and piles of work, and almost constant nagging from a woman with the most ear shredding, shrill voice I have ever heard.

And the new pasture, Hanseo Univeristy. It's located about 20 minutes driving from my current city, surrounded by mountains. The job includes teaching 9 to 10 90 minute classes per week, and one extra day off per week for "research." I would say that is an improvement, but considering my last job, it's not even in the same galaxy. Not even the same universe. Not even the same multiverse. Wait, that doesn't really make sense. Anyway, my new job starts on February 20th, so I have a little bit of time off.

Since I don't like to put up posts without pictures, here is a picture of my newest interest, origami. I have almost perfected the crane, so I have been challenging myself by making them smaller and smaller.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job!! That's great. I hope it is a much better experience for you.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!Enjoy your time off! :)

    ReplyDelete