July 09, 2010

Another Year

Well, some people may have noticed that I didn't come back home after my first year here was up. That's because I decided to stay here in Korea another year at my school. It really has been a great year, so many experiences, just read the blog I guess.

I'd like take this post to count down the reasons that I have decided to stay for another year in Korea. So here they are, my top 5 reasons to stay one more year:

5. Korean Kids are Cute
This is really one of the perks of the job that I get to work with these kids. I get them from kindergarten up to about 5th grade, which is great because they are still so innocent. Starting in about 5th grade or so some of the kids start to become jerks and sometimes get burned out from the overschooling they are forced into.
I think that Korean kids might be cuter than American ones

4. Korean Girls are Attractive
Nuff Said

3. It's an Easy Job with Health Insurance
Well I get paid decently for working only 30 hours a week. The health insurance is really great, the cost of living is super cheap, so I'm able to save a lot of money. The lack of vacation time gets a little old.

2. Korean food is really good
I have a theory that Korean food is just like a healthy version of mexican food. Mexican food is just various ways to combine meat, cheese, beans, vegetables, and tortilla; while Korean food is various ways to combine meat, rice, vegetables, and seaweed. The seaweed is much healthier than a tortilla and I think the rice is at least slightly healthier than beans.

They come up with some really great ways to do it, to. My favorite is triangle kim-bap (seaweed rice). Its just a triangle of rice and then a little bit of meat wrapped up in the seaweed. My favorite is where they put in a little triangular pork patty with the rice. Absolutely amazing.
1. My Little Sis'
As many readers should know, my little sister Kelsey is coming to join me at my school in Korea in September. The next year we'll be able to team up on adventures and picking on little kids. So, I'm definitely excited. I hope you are too, because there should be a lot more to come in the next year!

4 comments:

  1. I think you are wrong about the rice/bean nutrition theory - beans are really good for you since they are packed with protein and fiber. I don't know much about rice - seems like a bunch of unnecessary carbs to me. We can ask Kelsey, the food expert.
    The picture of the Korean girls does speak for itself!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't want to jump to any conclusions here, but with putting two and two together (or should I say, putting reason #5 and reason #4 together), does there happen to be a special lady in your life where you may possibly some day have cute Korean kids of your own?

    Just sayin'....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelsey said...
    Aw Brad! It's so nice of you to say that your number one reason for staying in Korea is me. I can't wait to get there!

    Funny thing about the rice/bean comparison. Rice + Bean = complete protein. So they are not really items to compare against eachother. =)

    ReplyDelete